Search
Memberlist
Usergroups
Register
Thassos is becoming a boutique island.

ronsaunders47
Thassos-Profi
Thassos-Profi

Post Posted: 11.07.2011, 14:32    Post subject: Thassos is becoming a boutique island. Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Yes folks ! This is the new "in" word when used in the tourist industry nowadays. Firstly Golden Beach gets it's first Boutique Hotel and 5* to boot now Scala Potamia is showing it can compete.

Kategorie Skala Potamia

Boutique Bars.

ronsaunders47
Thassos-Profi
Thassos-Profi

Post Posted: 11.07.2011, 14:45    Post subject: Thassos is becoming a boutique island. Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

What started it all. The Alexandria Golden in Golden Beach.People can afford to stay there (Just) but can't afford to drink there. Usually taking the short walk up to The Aegean Bar to partake o the alcohol at reasonable prices.

Kategorie Golden Beach

Alexander Golden.

Tigerlily
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Post Posted: 11.07.2011, 15:44    Post subject: Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

I walked past that entrance to Alexandra Golden every day this year on my way from Anastasia to the beach and can honestly say I would have no interest in staying there. To me it a sanitised experience of Thassos, not the real Thassos.

They can keep it

We're having too good a time today, we aint thinking about tomorrow ~ Johnny Depp as John Dillinger

Bluesman
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Post Posted: 11.07.2011, 16:58    Post subject: Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

I may be wrong but i'm not aware of any all inclusive resorts available on the Thassos, this is what has decimated economies on some of the other islands. I've nothing against up market hotels and apartments although personally they're not for me as they seem a little out of place on somewhere like Thassos which has a natural, rugged beauty not a highly polished one and IMO it's accomodation should reflect that.

SHAKE YOUR MONEYMAKER!

Andrea P.
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Post Posted: 11.07.2011, 17:05    Post subject: Re: Thassos is becoming a boutique island. Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

ronsaunders47 wrote:
Yes folks ! This is the new "in" word when used in the tourist industry nowadays. Firstly Golden Beach gets it's first Boutique Hotel and 5* to boot now Scala Potamia is showing it can compete.

... but they DO have creativity

Don+Pat
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Post Posted: 11.07.2011, 19:08    Post subject: Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Wife enquired about prices last year. She was quoted 280 euros per NIGHT.

Gardenia
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Post Posted: 14.07.2011, 18:05    Post subject: Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Tigerlily wrote:
I walked past that entrance to Alexandra Golden every day this year on my way from Anastasia to the beach and can honestly say I would have no interest in staying there. To me it a sanitised experience of Thassos, not the real Thassos.

They can keep it

Some changes are hard to accept and some are part progress. I often wonder when Thassos will become just another touristy Island. I want the ruggedness back. No more concrete or expensive parasols for hire. Give me the natural beauty any day.

26 August

Post new topicReply to topic Thassos-Island Forum Index -> Thassos International All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: