GermanEnglish Contact us Site Map Technical Help   Home » Today » Forum
Boardrules/Privacy Policy
Search
Memberlist
Usergroups
Register
The changing face of Golden Beach. 2011 June.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

STEVE
Thassos-Liebhaber
Thassos-Liebhaber

Post Posted: 13.07.2011, 1:01    Post subject: FEDRA Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Hi Ron thanks for the snap by the Fedra ..

You cant beat the Fedra for a nice lunch time omlette and a bottle of Amstel or four.

Looking forward to going in September

Steve

Tigerlily
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Post Posted: 13.07.2011, 9:13    Post subject: Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Steve, me and mum had lunch at Fedra one day and it was really lovely.

We had stuffed red peppers and the courgettes in a light batter. It was really nice to just sit there for a couple of hours and watch the world go by

We're having too good a time today, we aint thinking about tomorrow ~ Johnny Depp as John Dillinger

Gardenia
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Post Posted: 14.07.2011, 21:23    Post subject: Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

BigAl wrote:
They couldn't get any closer to the sea!!!
I always thought there was a law which said that you couldn't build within 100 metres of the sea
I think slowly but surely the island is being spoilt, not an issue if you have discovered Thassos in the last few years but if you have been going for quite some time (more than half my life) it is such a shame that these once pristine beaches are having concrete built on them or near as damn it
It does worry me.

Here here Big Al.Weep, weep weep... I too thought there were restrictions on building that close.

26 August

ronsaunders47
Thassos-Profi
Thassos-Profi

Post Posted: 22.07.2011, 15:40    Post subject: The changing face of Golden Beach. 2011 June. Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Still the same rocks and jetty.

Kategorie Golden Beach

Golden Beach views

ronsaunders47
Thassos-Profi
Thassos-Profi

Post Posted: 22.07.2011, 15:43    Post subject: The changing face of Golden Beach. 2011 June. Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

Must be the oldest tree in the world. Well it looks it anyway.

Kategorie Golden Beach

Golden Beach views

ronsaunders47
Thassos-Profi
Thassos-Profi

Post Posted: 22.07.2011, 15:45    Post subject: The changing face of Golden Beach. 2011 June. Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

The yellow brick road into Golden Beach.

Kategorie Golden Beach

Golden Beach views

ronsaunders47
Thassos-Profi
Thassos-Profi

Post Posted: 23.07.2011, 22:17    Post subject: The changing face of Golden Beach. 2011 June. Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

don't forget to take a ride on the choo-choo train. Why bother with a hire car when you can use this ?

Kategorie Golden Beach

The Train

Gardenia
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Post Posted: 24.07.2011, 16:00    Post subject: Choo Chooo Train Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

It doesn't Choo Choo all around the Island so a car hire is a must.

26 August

Tigerlily
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Post Posted: 25.07.2011, 13:36    Post subject: Translate postingReply with quoteBack to top

I only went on the fun train tour to keep my mum happy and I have to say it was slightly embarrassing having to wave to people as we passed but all that aside it was actually quite a good day and covered quite a lot of interesting stuff.

We visited a honey farm, the Vagli museum in Potamia, the Tsipouro factory and the olive oil factory in Panagia, followed by a lovely lunch there which was rather well timed because as we sat down the heavens opened so instead of us getting wet it was the waiters who were dashing backwards and forwards across the road from the restaurant to the undercover bit where we were sitting.

It all cost (not the lunch though ) 10 euros which I think is actually a bit of a bargain and it's a great way for first timers to Thassos, like we were, to get a good look round the area. It was rather nice to be pootling along at quite a slow speed as it gave us chance to have a look at the scenery, whereas if you are on a coach or driving you're usually going too fast to see the small things.

We're having too good a time today, we aint thinking about tomorrow ~ Johnny Depp as John Dillinger

Post new topicReply to topic Thassos-Island Forum Index -> Thassos International All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: